• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to email photos from Photoshop? (macOS)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you email photos since sharing has been eliminated from the toolbar?????

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

Which version of  Photoshop are you using? With the April release of Photoshop 23.3, Quick Share was removed due to low usage, desire to simplify the options bar UI, and redundant functionality to other export functions.

You can now email or share your creations to several services directly from Photoshop. When you share a document by email, Photoshop sends the original document (.psd file). Before sharing, Photoshop automatically converts the document to the JPEG format for specific services and social media channels.

You can check this article for a detailed overview: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/quick-share.html.

Please check the steps mentioned in the article and let us know if it helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article you sent me does not tell me how to send photos from version 23.4.1. Neither the File>Share nor the Icon with the up arrow in a box exist!! Your article is right out of the Photoshop help area and does not apply to this version. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@path29007691 

You will need to send your image through Mail as an attachment or through Finder as a workaround.

After you save your image, Command+Click the title bar to see the Path, then click then correct folder to go to the Finder and folder. Right-click the file in Finder and Share is still available in macOS.

There are 192 comments and 92 upvotes on this thread from folks who are asking for Quick Share to be returned to Photoshop. Add your comments and upvote here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-bring-quick-share-back-to-photoshop-remov...

I've voted.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about from windows 10?

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently i did not inform you that I am using Windows 10. I do not know what Finder is - is it an apple function? Whatever, I do not have it. Again I am using Photoshop 23.4.1 and cannot email from this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@path29007691 wrote:

Apparently i did not inform you that I am using Windows 10.

No, Path, you did not inform us. Your first post has a "macOS" tag, meaning that you are on Mac. Let us know if you want us to change it.

862EDD04-B1AC-4500-AF1F-63B0DCFC69DC.jpeg

You can use your email application in Windows and attach your image. If you are using Microsoft Outlook in Windows, instructions are here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/attach-files-or-insert-pictures-in-outlook-email-messages...

You cannot email from Photoshop. But you can upvote and leave a message for the developers at the link I gave earlier.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines