• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export a big picture into pdf

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have an image in photoshop which is 9000 by 6000 pixels. I want to print it at 300 ppi, so it would take 30 by 20 inches. In order to print an image this big, I need to split it into several A4 pages and save as PDF (preferably with margins as well). Is there a way to automatically do this, or should I mannually split the document into smaller pieces?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply save it at full resolution. Tiling can be easily defined in the Adobe Reader/ Acrobat print dialog. No need to make it more complicated than that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why convert it to PDF? Unless you are using PDF-X? Any service bureau or print shop can use PSD or TIFF just as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to agree, there is really little need to save this as a PDF; were you instructed to do this? And did you get instructed to provide a document at 9Kx6K (the DPI values is otherwise meaningless)? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines