• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get a color by substracting the other from their combination?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table like this one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kn4vfbHwpif7u-6ZTznFpBJFNHhnStETPIQVyQq8xgY/edit#gid=0 with bottom / top color and the Red, Green, Blue (RGB) of the result (where it states 'Preparation' for the bottom color means the canvas so essentially its the RGB of the top color - those rows are the 'single colors').
I am looking to get one of the single colors knowing the other and their combination. E.g. could I somehow subtract one color from their combination and get the other? Either by using the RGB values or using the photos being taekn with some other way?
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to create a formula or function for use in the spreadsheet? It's been ages since I touched one.

Maybe it's a case of using the IF/THEN syntax?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you simplify the example and or provide more details, steps, screenshots on how this applies to Photoshop etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You paint a color, let it dry and paint above it. By taking photos you know the resulting RGB as well as the RGB of the 2 original colors. Could you by knowing the 'combined' (though its not color mixing) and one of its original colors RGB get the 2nd RGB? The other colors RGB I already know its the process I want to find out. What's the relationship (for eaxmple could it be something simple like combined - one = the other ? )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RGB is additive, so what does this have to do with paints on paper (or other substrates)? 

»By taking photos you know the resulting RGB as well as the RGB of the 2 original colors.«

A camera is not a spectrophotometer so whatever RGB-values it would produce in whatever RGB-space under whatever lighting conditions may be less meaningful than you assume. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed all precautions were taken so that all photos where taken in same (as mmcu as possible) enviroment / conditions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines