Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of PS palette.

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I have updated to the newer PS from CS6, which I long had. So there is a lot new here now. One issue I can't seem to resolve is that when I open a photo it opens in a big PS palette that blocks out the rest of my desktop. I don't want this big opaque palette. Before I lost CS 6 (because I had to update OS) my photos just opened by themselves on the desktop and very unobtrusive tool bars sat on the top and right side perimeters of the desktop when PS was open. No palette. Now I got this big honking palette in the way. Also, another big issue is that when I close out of a photo the palette stays on the screen and I have to get out of that. If not it's in the way of everything and I have to slide it aside to find the next photo to open and work on. It adds A LOT of work. It should disappear when I close out the photo I've been working on -- altho I don't want it in the first place. I can't even close it with keyboard shortcuts (like command+w). I have to go up to red dot and hit that. Super tedious. Here is a photo to show you what I mean. It may not seem like a big deal to have to close the palette each time but when you edit lots and lots of photos it's an extra step that ends of taking a lot of extra time. Is there a way to get rid of this palette? I looked thru the preference options and played around but nothing works. Thanks for any help you can offer me. Palette.issue.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

I don't want this big opaque palette....Now I got this big honking palette in the way.

By @Porcelain.Street

It's called an Application Frame and can be turned off in the Window menu.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want this big opaque palette....Now I got this big honking palette in the way.

By @Porcelain.Street

It's called an Application Frame and can be turned off in the Window menu.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! I'll try that. 

It worked! Whew! I was afraid you couldn't get rid of it. Thank you so much jane-e. Really appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Porcelain.Street .

The Application Frame was introduced in CS4 and is optional for macOS. It allows Photoshop to work like a Windows application. If you ever reset your preferences or install PS on a second Mac, you will need to turn it off again; otherwise it will be sticky.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The advice from jane-e (above) (unchecking application frame in the window menu) worked! But I'll check out the auto show/hide too and see what that does. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines