• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Line Up Layers So They Match

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached two .JPG images of the city of Omaha, Nebraska. (The original PNG files were too large to upload.) They are both the same size and were created with Google Maps Downloader. Image #1 is a map of Omaha's city streets, image #2 is a satellite shot of the exact same coordinates.

Here's the issue: They do not match even though they came from the same source and have the exact same coords. Toss them both into their own layer, reduce the satellite image's opacity, and try moving it around over the street map background image. You'll get a perfect match at one point, but then, when you slide over to another place on the map, they're out of alignment.

I have tried increasing the satellite image size, thinking to "stretch" it, but to no avail. (Is there a way to stretch an image without using a numeric dialog?)

There are some smart people on this forum who have helped in the past. I'm looking forward to y'all helping out again! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select both layers and go to Edit>Auto-Align Layers with Auto and both Lens Correction options checked and see if that does what you want.

al.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nah. Didn't do what I needed. Perhaps a little insight may help. There is a city creation program called Cities: Skylines. With it, you can create imaginary or real cities, as in the case of Omaha, Nebraska. The images act like tracing paper to facilitate highway and rail placement, buildings, and so forth. Therefore, the distortion caused by Photoshop's Lens Correction will negate the accuracy needed for what I'm trying to achieve. But at least I learned another function of this awesome program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines