Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to link files or images in photoshop

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good morning everyone

I have a simple question if i did a design which is contains some images and i save it and i need to open this psd file in other computer did i need to link those images to the photoshop ? to avoid the missing of those files in other computer?

if there is please show me the way to do it 

best regards ,

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you place the images as embedded Smart Objects or Linked Smart Objects? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

To collect all linked Smart Objects with a file you can use

File > Package

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for answerring 

i just open the images from file > scripts > load files in to stack , and then i used those images 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No, just save as PSD and you're good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 2

so will we not face the missing files problem? 

i need to send this psd files to the printer shop they need to open it in other computer

thanks for answerring 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save the file nothing is missing. The layers are the file.

This is not like "project" files in some other applications. An image file is complete in itself, and it can contain layers and other properties. You just save it, and open it. That's all.

Now, you can link files in Photoshop, as linked Smart Objects, but that's a special case that doesn't apply here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be confused here, but are you supplying multiple files to the printer, or a single PSD filee with several layers that all need printing?  The printer will probably want individual files for each image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you guys all understood now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the designer in that printer shop need my psd file to did some edit before printing 

thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure my way is far from efficient or the best way.

I recently encountered the same issue working in a content marketing position. For me, the fastest and most effective solution is to right-click the layers that have missing links and choose "Convert the to Smart Object."

The results seems so nonsensical to me as someone so inexperienced with linking objects or smart objects because they are ... already Smart Objects, aren't they? The layer seems converted to an image that I can still work with and the error goes away. The only downside is that the new layers lose quality with a lot of upscaling. When that rarely seems to be a problem for me in my work, I just locate the image again to replace it (which is sparing me the replacement of every single image).

I know that may not work for everyone but since I didn't see anyone else mention it, I thought I would share.

Now that I've read about packaging, I will request for the department that sends me the files to package them more efficiently. 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines