• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to modify a selection

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you tell me how to enable "modify" because I can not use it right now.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. The first thing to try is resetting your Preferences, which usually clears out most issues. The instructions are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If that doesn't work, can you post a screenshot of your entire workspace with the layers and the selection? You can block out anything personal or send the image to me by personal message. Are you using Windows 10 or 11? And please confirm if you are running the latest Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modify what? Can you give us more info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you go to " select" there is "modify" which is not available 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gvantsa263975836uqy You need to have a selection of something in your image or document first in order to use the Modify options for that selection (see my example). Do you have something already selected but for some reason, the menu is not available? Are you working on the right layer that has the selection? A little more info of what's going on will help us help you.

JEL_0-1666551068274.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I have selected the right layer but still it's not available.  I use video lesson and I am doing everything as it says but it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for clarifying that. The first thing to try is resetting your Preferences, which usually clears out most issues. The instructions are here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

If that doesn't work, can you post a screenshot of your entire workspace with the layers and the selection? You can block out anything personal or send the image to me by personal message. Are you using Windows 10 or 11? And please confirm if you are running the latest Photoshop release, 24.0.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have chosen a layer, but have aldo made a selection (dotted lines)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Test Screen Name, just so you know, I've helped the author figure it out via private message. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines