• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to open Canon cr3 images in photoshop CS6

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to open Canon cr3 images in Photoshop CR6. i have tried for hours searching for a solution without any success.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Unfortunately the last compatible Camera Raw version for CS6 was 9.11 and the earliest version required to open CR3 files is 11.3.

You can try using the DNG converter to convert your files to DNG choosing the appropriate Camera Raw version and then  opening those in CS6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

That's correct. The Adobe Camera Raw that does the hard work for Photoshop will not be updated to newer cameras. The solution is to upgrade your Photoshop. A workaround is the DNG Converter. This free software reads your CR3 and converts it to a DNG that can be read by CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the last compatible Camera Raw version for CS6 was 9.11 and the earliest version required to open CR3 files is 11.3.

You can try using the DNG converter to convert your files to DNG choosing the appropriate Camera Raw version and then  opening those in CS6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is it. You did it. It worked perfectly. The Adobe how-to video on that page was truly helpful, too. I spent hours trying to figure this out and you both solved it for me in one minute . Thank you Kevin and thank you Abamo.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. The Adobe Camera Raw that does the hard work for Photoshop will not be updated to newer cameras. The solution is to upgrade your Photoshop. A workaround is the DNG Converter. This free software reads your CR3 and converts it to a DNG that can be read by CS6.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  Yes. I now have a way to use both of my programs: Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop Elements 2020 with my new Canon EOS R10. I have tried downloanig and opeing of photos several times and it was a smooth operation each time.  Your help made all the difference in the world. Have a wonderful holiday season.  Terry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. And thanks for the wishes.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines