• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open smart objects links panel

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, have a question about belowed panel. Is there a way (shortcut or something) to open this panel manualy? I know it appears when some of the smart objects links are missing, but I'm almost pretty sure that once I was able to open it manualy but can't remember how I did it. Great thanks for all help!

dsadsa.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be thinking of InDesign which, unlike Photoshop, has a links panel?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm wrote:

Could you be thinking of InDesign which, unlike Photoshop, has a links panel?

... as does Illustrator. It would be a nice feature request @Desktop Shaman .

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this panel exist in photoshop but appears only when the link of the smart object is missing. Normalny we can just use relink option on smart object choose the file etc. and in general it's ok, but to be honest relinking from this panel in some cases is better cos you can skip choosing the page (if the document you are using has many pages and you have to find correct one only using preview). F

So for example when you are working on projects with many language versions and you have file with ENG smart objects and you like to replace them fast with let's say FR version, you can of course manualy relink all files, but the faster solution (for me at least, especialy when you have many smart objects from one file) is remove all ENG linked files, to force photoshop to open this panel. After choose the FR file all smart objetcs are automaticaly updated and I don't have to choose the proper pages from them manualy.

Some time ago I found solution for that but to be honest I forgot how I did this and I tought I found the way to open this panel manualy, but maybe it was something else : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK this is sort of non-obvious and totally out of left field, but the way you can get a links list for a Photoshop document is to select it in Adobe Bridge, and then look in the Metadata panel.

Photoshop-linked-files-listed-in-Bridge.jpg

This isn’t just for Photoshop files. Bridge has the ability to dig into certain Adobe file types and list things in those files such as links, color swatches, fonts, and so on. What it lists is different for various file types, so it doesn’t always show you what you want, but when it works, it’s useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
var idfixMissingLinkedAssets = stringIDToTypeID( "fixMissingLinkedAssets" );
    var d = new ActionDescriptor();
    var idnull = charIDToTypeID( "null" );
        var r = new ActionReference();
        var idDcmn = charIDToTypeID( "Dcmn" );
        var idOrdn = charIDToTypeID( "Ordn" );
        var idTrgt = charIDToTypeID( "Trgt" );
        r.putEnumerated( idDcmn, idOrdn, idTrgt );
    d.putReference( idnull, r );
executeAction( idfixMissingLinkedAssets, d, DialogModes.ALL );

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines