• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to place same object in all the open documents

Engaged ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if that is possible. i have not found out yet. I want to create posters in different aspect ratios (2x3,3x4,5x7 etc) So I have open 5 documents with different dimensions. I want to place in them the image that will make the poster. And not one by one. Just import that image to ALL the open documents.

Then I will run a batch action to fit to frame and lastly go one by one through all the documents and move the image if it is best to decenter, so important things of the image don't stay out of frame if the original is a different aspect ratio.

I am trying to optimize my time and not have to do this one by one as it will be a big time waste if i can find a viable solution to automate this task. Maybe a plugin can do that? I  don't know, but have not found a viable way. Don't like artboards for a number of reasons. I would rather have a script like embed that particular image to all the open files. That would be perfect. Do you think this is possible?

Thanks for your help if you come up with a solution

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consider using InDesign (if you have it) set up one document then using the Adjust Layout facility create the other sizes: File > Adjust Layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines