Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to re-colour a vector and remove negative area of an image

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I am looking to remove the white in the image I have so that the colour filled area (in this case black) will be the only thing printed on any clothing designs I make. 

Can anybody give me any advice on how I'd do so? I'd also like to recolour the image afterwards if anyone has any help on how this can be done. (using Mac OS)

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing your answers.

best wishes,

D

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image --> Calculations to generate a layer mask or selection or in fact even simply copy & pasting the already b/w image into the layer mask, then simply throwing on whatever color you want using an adjustment or a color overlay layer style.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, this is really helpful. so this would allow me to change the colour, how would I remove the white area from the black area? Would I just find a way to select all the black areas and make a mask from this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines