• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove a background from an image

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to remove a background from an image in Adobe Photoshop CS6. I tried to use the help of YouTube to assist me, but did not receive the result as in the youtube. I have tried everything to click on the properties panel and still there is nothing. The panel say "no properties." Please help me to get the result I am looking for so I can put the image on another background.

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The remove background button was added to the properties panel in CC2020. It was not in CS6.

You will need to update, which means taking out a subscription, or learn to use the masking tools available in your version

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't used CS6 in several years.  But try this:

1. Select the subject with your favorite selection tools  -- i.e. pen, magic wand, lasso, rectangular marquee, etc... 
  2. Refine selection in Quick Mask Mode (Q).  Use paint brush to add or subtract pixels from your selection (white reveals, black conceals).
  3. When done, exit Quick Mask Mode (Q).
  4. Go to Select > Inverse (Ctrl + Shift + i).
  5. Hit the Backspace key to remove background pixels.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines