• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove a plug-in from the Filter menu? [was: Filters]

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I would like to remove from the filters menu a Plug-in that I no longer use, it cannot be removed despite having uninstalled, maybe I made some mistake ... (it was uninstalled, but only the writing remains) From the Filter menu ( to remove) is Auto FX Software GRFX Studio Pto AI ... how can I remove from the list? If you happen to select it, the Program crashes .... Graze! A greeting.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Take a look at:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably left the .8bf file when you uninstalled.  

What operating system are you using?

If Windows, then use File Explorer to open (assuming you are using the latest version of Photoshop):

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Plug-ins

Either search, or manually look through the folders to find the relevant .8bf file and rename the extension by adding .bak so it will now be named *****.8bf.bak â€” To be clear I used those asterisks as wildcard characters. Restart Photoshop and see in the plugin has gone from the Filters menu.  If it has, you can delete the file you renamed, or maybe just leave it as a paranoid 'just-in-case'.

Good .luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Thanks for the reply, I'm happy if I can solve the small problem. I am away from home, and as soon as I return I try as you advised me. I have to do this on a Windows 10 Pro, Desktop PC. These days away from home I use a Laptop W. 10 Pro. Can't wait to solve ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I checked my W.10Pro Desktop PC, in the Plug-ins folder there is only one folder called Generator and there are no files inside, how can I solve? Then I checked this as well: C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Adobe Photoshop 2022 \ Required \ Plug-ins - there is no file with name here either: Auto FX Software GRFX Studio Pro AI. Thank you so much for your availability. Where did they put this [cursing removed] file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine, I solved it. It 's as you say Tom Winkelmann, thank you very much, a greeting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you fixed it.  For future situations, Photoshop file locations can be found here

https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html

Or, as advised below, you search your C:\ drive for all *.8BF files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQh2DY3kms

You can use filesearch program. And can easily remove what you want.
Some plugin or extension, Even if you delete them, the file (8bf) still exists, causing the same problem as you.
so, install that and just typing GRFX thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines