• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove an unwanted watermark in a pdf?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, new to Photoshop and wondered if there was any easy way of removing a proof watermark off a PDF file?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Contact the owner to obtain a file without the watermark... if the owner doesn't want you to have the original, you should not be editing something that you don't own

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a finished, flat image it's all just pixels - Photoshop can't know what's "behind" them.

There are many tools for selecting specific parts of an image. That's not a problem. The real problem is - what do you put there instead?

If you post an example it will be easier to answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the document, and it is the grey proof I would like to remove if there is a way to do so?ajs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact the owner to obtain a file without the watermark... if the owner doesn't want you to have the original, you should not be editing something that you don't own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

Exactly. Watermarks are there for a reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this "answer" to be very unhelpful.  Why are you assuming he doesn't have permission?   Let me tell you what happened to me (and how I found this answer from my google serach)

My bank is asking me for a copy of my 2018 returns.  I don't have a copy of the returns that were filed, but I do have a review copy that was sent to me by my accountant before he filed them.  It says "REVIEW COPY" on it.   

Well I sent that to my bank.  They said the need the one that doesn't say "REVIEW COPY".   Problem is I've switched accountants as the guy I used to use retried in 2020 and I havent' been able to reach him.   I'm sure at some point he would have sent me a copy that didn't say "REVIEW" on it but I never bothered since I never really had a need for it (as my taxes were filed, and I had a copy of what was filed -- even if it said 'review' on it)

So I was trying to find a way to get this watermark off.  Googled for help.  Found this thread.

If someone is asking how to use the software they bought, why not help them vs. trying to be morality police over what they "should" or "shouldn't" do with their software.  That's not your call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be so kind as to share the solution (assuming you found one) to perform such tasks.

The original Star Trek had Spock presenting a memorable definition of those who would could be compared to those who would not respond and advise to the contact image maker.

Such responses / demeanors are often equated to, "a minor official, notorious for their rigid and limited patterns of thought."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I found a sollution to my issue.  I used a PDF editor and found out that the watermark was just an image laid over the context.  So I was able to double click it to select it and hit delete.  I did that for all pages and it was gone.

But my overall comment to the person who gave the nasty reply remains.  It was super unhelpful and presumpitious of him.  These forms are to help answer questions and not scald people. 

Hope my reply helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines