• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to remove shadow from brush group

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm trying to create a hair brush, i have used different points of different thickness and turned them into a brush for hai, the problem is now the brush has a huge shadow around and i don't know how to remove it, i don't why the shadow is there in the first place, i didn't add any shadow, i have just added dissolve at the tip so the hair look more realistic!capelli.png

Thank you for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your dots more opaque not so soft. You do not need fade, but sometimes I add a little brightness jitter for color variability also.

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 9.34.53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you have captured shadow in your brush preset? Can you show us brush tip without any additional setting applied? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the brush tip!

brush tip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you have captured shadow as brush tip. There isn't any setting to remove extra informations you captured when saving brush tip.

To ensure that we are talking about same thing can you upload brush tip somewhere and allow us to download and see it on our end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

unfortunately i don't know how to share a brush!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know what we are looking at in your screenshot.  Is that a single stamp of your problem brush preset, or is it multiple strokes?  To clarify that use the mouse and click once to stamp the preset on a new layer. Copy the layer and set it to Multiply, and then make a few more copies.  Then upload a screenshot of what you see.

Does the preset consist only of dots, or does it have strokes.  The hair and skin brushes I used for many years is a set by Castrochew. You can still get the set from Deviant Art   Even if don't use them, you can get some useful tips from seeing how they work.

image.png

One of his presets has multiple parallel lines, and it works by having Angle Jitter set to Direction so that the lines stay in line with the brush stroke.  So if your preset is not just dots, try doing that. Set Anglee Jitter to Direction.

image.pngimage.png

So if you can show us another screen shot of a single stamp of the preset.   I'll leave it to you to decide if copying the layer brings up the shadow, so long as you make it clear what we are looking at.

Then try setting angle jitter to Direction and see what that does. 

One last thought, but again it is only a guess until we see the single stamp of the brush, is if the preset you sampled has converging lines like below — which is similar to your screen shot but without the shadow — then we can predict that this will definitely produce a background shadow because the lines will smear.

image.png

This is the above with no settings applied, and with a 1% spacing

image.png

Well here's kama for you.  I was going to demonstrate the above preset with some settings, but my Wacom tablet has just died on me. I restarted Photoshop and Lazy Nezumi tells me the tablet drivers are toast, so I have reinstall them which means restarting the computer so I have to post this now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i click once it creates only dots, so i click and move but the lines has a huge shadow, you can see it on the video!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines