• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to? Retouching a vintage photo with "ghost shrubs"

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a lot of retouching of old photos, but I've never run into this problem. The photo I'm working on in the current version of Photoshop on my 2019 MacBook Pro is a great old photo of people gathered in front of a house for a wedding on Oct. 21, 1903. The photo has all the usual problems of vintage pictures, but I can't figure out what to do with what I'd call "ghost shrubs" that are unfortunately in the foreground. It's almost as if they're translucent. I can't remove them because there are people behind them. I've tried darkening them, but there's still an odd glow left. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

could be a case for «content aware fill»? and also you might have to start «painting» over these «ghost shrubs» and duplicate/mirror other existing bodyparts etc. – good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines