• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

how to Save settings under print settings, color management.

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to save settings in PS 6 under Print Settings, color management, ie paper type etc. 

For example, I want to always print on Luster paper but currently the default is Watercolor paper. I have to change this each time I go to print as well as change the other options in this section.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you go to print from Photoshop and are using "Photoshop Manages Color" (which is what I recommend) the colour profile for the output device is set in the first dialogue that opens, you can't save that setting as a default.

Photoshop also gives access to the printer manufacturer's driver software [in "Print" settings].

That’s where you get to save printer settings like resolution, paper type etc. as a "preset" that can now be recalled from the preset list at a later date.

So, not a default but a preset option you need to choose. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines