• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop multiple tabs moving around?

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

Since updating PS last month (latest PS + latest macOS) my open tabs now do their own thing and I'm stuggling to locate the option to keep them stagnant and how I decide. For eg. I work with multiple images at one time and I need to be able to have a bunch sitting next to and above/below each other so working with tabs is great. But now, any time I click on a different tab to sift through my tabs the image I was originally sitting on will just shift aside to the point eventually it just wanders right off screen. This is really slowing down prouctivitiy as I have to keep resetting the window aspects. 

I've tried 'matching zoom' to see if PS is maybe just trying to compensate for images sitting at different aspects but no luck!

Attached are some examples of the movement - hope that helps! I appreciate any help, thank you 🙂

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screen shots.  It looks like you have Window > Arrange set to Two Up Vertical

Check Window > Arrange to see if that is the case, and change to Consolidate to Tabs if that is your preferred way top arrange open documents.  I have a feeling I have seen another thread that mentioned something like this recently, so there might be something going on.  Let us know how you get on

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trevor for the reply! Unfortunately no luck - however that's a great quick way for me to get all my tabs nice and equal in size to 'correct' things as I go, so I'll for sure be using that!

Seems like, it just wants to compensate for bigger images(and zoom) but yeah previously I was able to postition my tiles (so I could see all windows at equal size) and click on images/indivually zoom in/out within a tab and not have everything jump about. Hopefully it's just a bug that will come good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried floating the window? (It does not solve the issue but allows you more control over how your open images are displayed) I find it hard to visualise your problem from static images, is it that the frame is changing depending on the length of the name in the tab? I have not seen this behaviour. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for the reply, unforuntately floating windows become a little cumbersome, with the amount of files I'll sometimes have open at one time - becomes messy real quick!

I've attached a short video of the movements (hopefully that attaches). So when I've moved one image over to create a 2-up workspace, then click on another file things just move across at will. The more I click through images the more they push across. Usually I have a 4-up space, which basially creates more chaotic movements so this shown is pretty much the simple version of the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been looking for a fix on this for 6 months now. It is the most frustrating thing ever, can't find a solution anywhere =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem( Have you found any solution yet? What is your os? Mine - win11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines