• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to transfer Photoshop cc presets onto a new computer

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have beenusing photoshop cc for a few months now and have created presets and saved brushes as well as downloading the Nik collection and pexels on my lap top.  I now have a new computer and I downloaded photoshop onto the new computer but none of my presets are there it's like I've bought it for the first time.  I thought any presets or brushes you created were linked to your adobe Id. Is there any way I can get these to show up on my new computer?  Please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

In whichever panel you've created your presets, there's usually a Preset Manager. For example, if you click the icon in the upper left for your brush presets and then click the widget on the upper right of that panel, you'll see a listing for a Preset Manager in there. Once that's open, you can shift-click (for everything between the first and 2nd click), or ctrl/cmd click (for stuff that's distributed around the panel), and select Save Presets. The default location will come up. At that point,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In whichever panel you've created your presets, there's usually a Preset Manager. For example, if you click the icon in the upper left for your brush presets and then click the widget on the upper right of that panel, you'll see a listing for a Preset Manager in there. Once that's open, you can shift-click (for everything between the first and 2nd click), or ctrl/cmd click (for stuff that's distributed around the panel), and select Save Presets. The default location will come up. At that point, you should note that default location and access it through your OS to copy that file, or you can switch to someplace like your desktop to save the resultant file (if you do change the save location, Photoshop may continue to remember that location for any other preset saves you attempt). From there, you can move the file with keychain drive or something, and move it to your new computer. Once on that computer, you can then use the dialog box again to choose Load Presets, and navigate to your saved file.

If this doesn't clarify - or it's too convoluted, please note here, and I'll try to make a little video when I get back to my main computer.

It will help to know your PS version and which OS you're using.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help I will try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was super helpful! Thanks a bunch. It worked perfectly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines