• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable 3D mode in Photoshop?

New Here ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys i am new to photoshop so i turned on 3d mode to check it and it opened some 3d toll bar and stuff i want to turn it off how can i do it

{Moderator note: Edited the thread titled}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Hi all,

You can turn off the 3D mode or exit from the 3D workspace by going to Photoshop > Windows Menu > Workspace > Select the "Essentials (Default)" option. For more info, check this out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html#turn-off-3d-mode

Also, Photoshop's 3D features are being discontinued. As for Photoshop 22.5, we are beginning the process of removing those features. For detailed info, refer to the following FAQ

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D is not a mode you turn on and off.  You may be referring to some palettes.  So you work space looks different.  Perhaps what you want to do is use Photoshop menu Windows>Workspace>... and click on Essentials  or use the workspace pull-down menu in upper right ares of Photoshop window and user the reset for the workspace you have been using.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all, I had also encountered the same problem just like the member.

My situationis im under TEXT tools> clicked on 3D icon (update 3D with associated text)> 3D text and platform appeared (X and Y axis).

Tried reset workspace and doen't work. I just cant get back to normal text like earlier. My only ways is undo.

Although undo get me back to ordinary text (non-3D), the big problem will be after I save the PSD file and exit, i can no longer revert back to non-3D text.

Please assist =D

newbiew of PS CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2014 Aug 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to delete the 3D text layer and the add a normal text layer. You may want to just turn off the visibility of the 3d text layer and add the normal text layer. That way you have both.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2014 Dec 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack, yup. This solution is what worked for me too.

jophotoshop, I did the exact same thing you did. What it does is create a layer. If you look in your layers panel, you'll see it. It'll be highlighted. Just delete that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it turns just a layer into 3D mode vs. the whole document....You can delete the layer and start over OR you can just Edit> step backward  or use your History to go back to before the layer was 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, accidentally clicked on 3D mode! I played around with it a bit but then I couldn't figure out how to revert back. Your solution helped me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my computer and now when I use photoshop cs6 all of my text is in 3D mode. Also, all of my layers are being created as 3D. I am running in Essentials mode and I don't see anywhere that I can turn this 3D off. I have gone into the workspace and nothing changes this. I have never had this happen before. Does anyone know what is going on? 3D icon pops up in a bar above my workspace and attempt to check the x to turn it off but I get a message that the option is not available. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind.... I just read the thread a little more carefully and figured it out by resetting. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This totally helped, thank you! ... I dont know why Adobe opens default 3D... I guess because they want to get everyone into 3D.. But most users will have no need for it probably ever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Its work.pppp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-Click the layer and press Rasterize layer. It worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2016 Sep 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the correct action for my intended purpose of removing all the 3d perspective lines and light direction tools that the "3D mode" was displaying. Simply right click the layer and select rasterize

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to rasterise, in fact rasterising just renders the preview not a ray-traced render

Those 3D grid lines only appear when the 3D layer is selected and the move tool is selected and the 3D layer has not yet been rendered.

So either - click on another tool, click on another layer , or, if you have finished adjusting the 3D scene, render the 3D layer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole thing is very poorly designed and not intuitive at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch back to Essentials mode, and add new layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me instantly! Switch to Essentials and add a layer.  Easy peasy!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so ther's NO way to get rid of the 3d. isn't it?! cause I suffer with the same, and I want to get rid of a simple object's 3d parts, but I cant, just delete the full layer. IM I RIGHT? or is there a way eventually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try turning off GPU support  but you would also lose other Photoshop features in the process.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There!

I heard you had trouble switching back to Essentials, and out of 3D mode.

Here Are The Steps!

1. Go To Top Right You Should See "3D" Or "Essentials.
  2. If  says "3D" switch to "Essentials" and that should work.
  3. If says "Essentials" switch to "3D" then switch back to "Essentials"

I really Hope That Helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much this is the only thing that worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this.  This was the only thing that resolved the problem!  Thanks to you - dylandoesyt18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines