• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Huion h420 pen pressure not working in adobe photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i am having a problem with adobe photoshops pen pressure. When i go into my tablet settings and go to pressure test it works fine there but in photoshop it just wont work. Ive looked up every tutorial there is and still havent found a fix. Another thing to note is that when i select the pen pressure setting in ps brush settings there is a triangle with a exclamation mark in the center. And also some tutorials say to select the support tablet pc feature in settings but mine is grayed out it wont let me check it.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Hey. Just showed up on my youtube feed randomly. Though the video is for this guy on his wacom, it works for me with the huion 420.

SOLVED! Wacom-Cintiq Pen Pressure Sensitivity Incompatible When Windows Ink Enabled-Photoshop CC-CS6 - YouTube​

Just follow the file path above. To confirm, I placed the text file in the Photoshop CC 2015.5 Settings folder. I don't know if it'd make any difference if you put it in the Photoshop 2015 Settings folder (notice 2015 and not 2015.5). I placed it in the upda

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This is my first time posting and saw you just posted this a few days ago.

For the record:
Windows 10
CC Photoshop 2015.5
There is an update but I haven't installed it yet.

I just wanted to add that I too got the h420 drawing pad and I have the same symptoms as the OP. I get this triangle warning sign by the pen pressure drop down.

Just wanted to add to the conversation here in case this may help with getting an answer, that the pen pressure seems to work with the demo ArtRage software. When I put pressure on the pen, the strokes change as one would expect. I'm not sure why it won't work on Photoshop. To me, it can't be the hardware but maybe we are using an old driver. In any case I just wanted to add that ArtRage works, so if that gives any clues to solving this then there ya go.

I'll check if there is maybe some new driver with Huion as I just used the one that came from the box in the CD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Just showed up on my youtube feed randomly. Though the video is for this guy on his wacom, it works for me with the huion 420.

SOLVED! Wacom-Cintiq Pen Pressure Sensitivity Incompatible When Windows Ink Enabled-Photoshop CC-CS6...​

Just follow the file path above. To confirm, I placed the text file in the Photoshop CC 2015.5 Settings folder. I don't know if it'd make any difference if you put it in the Photoshop 2015 Settings folder (notice 2015 and not 2015.5). I placed it in the update folder.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 Settings

Basically
1.) Got to the file path up above. Make sure in your windows explorer menu to go to view and unlock your hidden items (its in the video).

2.) Make a text file named PSUerConfig.txt

3.) Add this in the file:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

4.) Open up Photoshop and brush away. Sensitivity should be there. At least it was for mine.

When I put pressure, I get the sensitivity of the strokes on Photoshop. Hope this works for you!

My Settings:
Windows 10
Photoshop 2015.5 (just updated like 2 days from today).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I had the same problem, with my Huion h420, so i figured the driver must be off, so i went on the site, and looked up there a driver

http://www.huion.com/upload/soft/Graphic_Tablet/H420_H690/WIN_Driver/WIN_Driver12.2.16.zip

this is the one i downloaded, and since i use this it works perfect!

I hope i helped solving the problem, good luc!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this issue and all the ways to resolve it are unavailible? Can someone help me. Its confusing because it works on my professors laptop and she has the same macbook pro as me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm using a MacBook Pro and I have even let Adobe support have access to my Mac and the guy couldn't figure out how to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines