Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Huion Pen Pressure Broken CC 2020 MAC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a lot of workarounds for Windows, but nothing related to MACs... Up until the latest update for Adobe Photoshop, my Huion pen pressure has been working flawlessly. Once it broke, I found and installed the latested drivers for my tablet, but still nothing. I'm not sure if it's an Adobe, Huion, or Apple issue as all 3 had recent updates. The Pen Pressure does work with the Huion Pen Pressure App, so it appears that either Adobe broke the connection or Apple did. Anyway, anyone else experiencing this? BTW, my tablet is an H610PRO that was working in February when I last did some major photo editing... I have contacted Huion, but I suspect they will say it's Adobe. I have attached a photo that may help explain my issue... Thanks in advance...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the Huion GT220v2 I updated to Catalina on the iMac and all hell broke loose with a variety of hardware issues in my studio including my midi keyboard and my drawing tablet. I have updated and reloaded drivers multiple times. Unplugging tablet whilst this was done is important I believe. At the moment I have pressure sensitivity in pressure test and also in SketchBook app. However in PS it all seems to work except for "Prsssure". The exclamation mark "!" is near "Pen pressure" checkbox. Driving me crazy !!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like there may be an issue with the Huion device.  Especially after reading the reply from @Letshaveafondueparty.  

Have you tried contacting Huion.  I am a Wacom user and I know if I have an issue with their devices, I just email them.  Sometimes it is not the software...  Although Apple tends to have issues quite often with software.  But I would message Huion and ask them as well.  My guess there are Huion Groups on Facebook too. I know there are two Wacom groups there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny though. The Pen tablet has worked perfectly well for years Including with PS prior to this. I update the OS and that's when the trouble starts. It is also working perfectly in SketchBook and with the test device in the driver app. Just Photoshop??

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second. I recently updated my OS to Mac 10.15.4, and had a hell of a time getting everything working again. I've installed the latest Huion driver (Driver_12.0.4, released 2020-03-18) for a h610pro with 2048 levels of pressure, a 3 year old model. The Huion pressure test works fine. I'm able to use pen pressure in Affinity Photo fine as well. I have an email out to Huion about it, but I'm on the Adobe Support Community becasue it seems like more of an Adobe issue, than a Huion one.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through the same thing (details of my setup below). Like others, the reason I feel like this is a photoshop issue, is that pressure sensitivity works with this same setup, and every other program I have; Huion Pressure Test works, Affinity Photo works, Adobe Illustrator works.

This tablet worked before something changed, maybe it was mac, maybe it was photoshop, but it is really frustrating to have just bought the Adobe Suite to quickly complete my current illustration project, only to find that the key tool in my purchase is more limited than Affinity.

Is there anything I can do to file a bug ticket? Or some tool for testing Photoshop's integration with my Huion driver?

Mac OS 10.15.4
Huion H610Pro (2048 levels of pressure)
Huion driver 12.0.4 (build 20200314)
Photoshop 21.1.3

Thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also confirmed the same issue on Mac OS 10.15.3

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this problem too! Older model GT190 Huion Tablet Monitor. The latest driver installed and I can confirm the stylus works during testing, just not in photoshop! Adobe help a brother out! lol

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines