• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am getting my saved photos as .xmp files in my related folder.

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting my saved photos as .xmp files in my related folder. I have Nikon Z6 and I use only NEF for the time being and later I save as .psd format. This issue is started couple of days ago after I updated Ps and Raw Camera. I was using my camera and Ps without any issues before the .xmp files started to appear.

Please note I am a beginner to Photoshop. I do not use and prefer Lightroom, Bridge, and Lightroom Classic for the time being. I do use Ps Photoshop v21.2, Ps Photoshop v20.0.9 and Camera Raw.

I am using Macbook Pro. 

I am in a desperate position and I request you to help me what shall I do to solve and overcome this issue.

Thank you beforehand.

Regards

Şevki Ümit Özgen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Hi! Yes, I found them by using Spotlight. Thank you for reminding.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XMP files are sidecars that store edits to RAW files. Do not delete them or you will lose any editing you have done in Camera RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Lumigraphics,

Thank you for your reply. I cannot open my photographs which are opened thru "open" in photoshop and I see .xmp document whenever I close the file and I cannot get it again and open as photograph. But only the ones which opened and edited as menu bar>file>open as smart object. I am attaching copy of my finder below and only two photos are exist which were opened as smart objects as you see.  I want my other photographs back. What can I do?

regards

Şevki Ümit ÖzgenScreen Shot 2020-06-25 at 17.05.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use Spotlight to find the missing NEF files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Yes, I found them by using Spotlight. Thank you for reminding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is spotlight? I am having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spotlight is the Mac search tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines