• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am interested for the best solution on a desktop PC I only work with Adobe Photoshop

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I am a professional photographer and I am interested
for the best solution on a desktop PC, I only work with Adobe Photoshop.
I already have the computer with the motherboard
H97M-D3H and graphics card the one it has
IntelĀ® HD Graphics 4600
what is the best solution?
1. upgrade with
a graphics card with Nvidia Quadro series card that has PCIX16 gen 3 slots around ā‚¬450 or
2. A new motherboard with the Intel Core i9-12900K processor
but without an additional graphics card?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and Windows?

How much spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Do you calibrate your monitor?

What issue are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1,Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.0.0 

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)Version (Build)22H
3.Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB
4,ĪĪæ calibrate
5.for some tasks, more power is needed, such as 3D or liquify, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is 256GB the size of your disk or the amount of spare hard disk capacity you have? You need at least that amount of spare hard disk capacity to process large files efficiently.

You need to calibrate your monitor and learn a bit about colour management if you're to get some colour accuracy in your professional photography workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All this is fine, but I'm not asking for a solution with it
already existing system but what do I need to do with the two versions I told you in the first post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac user so can't help you with Windows issues.

But do bear in mind my other points about spare disk capacity and calibration for colour fidelity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No doubt a Windows user (and colour management expert) will chime in on this thread with more helpful suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much more to say. Derek is spot on.

A 256 GB system drive is far too small, and a problem waiting to happen. Unless you have other fast drives you can use for the Photoshop scratch disk, this will come to a halt quickly. For any serious work, you need at least 500 GB free space at all times. The Photoshop scratch file contains all history states for all open documents, plus overhead, and will quickly grow to sizes way beyond any RAM you may or may not have installed.

A Quadro is more or less wasted for Photoshop these days, now that you get 10 bit output on GeForces with the studio driver. An RTX 3050-3070 is plenty. But the thing is - these cards handle all advanced functions that Photoshop requires. It's not about speed and performance as such, but these functions just need to work. They don't always with an integrated GPU.

If you're a professional photographer, you need to calibrate and profile your display. End of. That needs to go into the budget along with a good graphics display such as an NEC or Eizo. That's even more important than the PC hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very nice, but the graphics cards you recommend are Interface: PCI Express x16 4.0
while my pc is with PCIX16 gen 3 slots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5.for some tasks, more power is needed, such as 3D or liquify, etc.
By @defaultja4oo25kvkk5

Tell us more about 3D?  Do you know that 3D is being phased out of Photoshop?  Going forward you might like to look at Blender and Substance.  Our @davescm  can tell you more about that and what sort of hardware would work for you.

Check out Puget Systems for app specific hardware benchmarks.  Photoshop hardware benchmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not so much interested in 3D, but as long as everything works properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines