• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am not able to drag photos from lightroom to photoshop.

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community! I am in need of some assistance urgently. I am trying to drag a pair of images from lightroom to photoshop but the no entry/cancel symbol keeps appearing and does not let me drag them into photoshop or anywhere. I tried the whole removing the "run as administrator" button but nothing is working. I know I can go to image on the top of the screen and put edit in photoshop, but the pair does not come with that one image. Only one out of the three images appear in photoshop, so any more ideas ? it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to load the images as layers in the same file?  Or edit them as separate files?

If you right click the mouse on the selected photos, you should be able to go to Edit In > Open as layers in Photoshop to open them all in the same file as layers.

I've also always been able to highlight multiple files in Lightroom and Right Click > Edit In > Edit In Photoshop and have the multiple photos open separately.  You could also do this with each photo individually for the same result though.

Let me know I've misunderstood your dilemma 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But so far as I'm aware, the two programs have never had the ability to physically drag & drop photos from Lightroom to Photoshop.

Edit:. But from system folder to Photoshop does work!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try dragging from Adobe Bridge if thats ultimate requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there's ever been the capability to drag & drop photos from Lightroom to Photoshop.

Try Edit In / Open in Photoshop

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines