• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am using OS 12.3.1 Error says "write access was not granted

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Photoshop, I am using up to date Monterrey 12.3.1, and I cannot save a .psd or .jpg file, rather I get an error message "could not save because write access was not granted".  I can 'save as' but...  And "Finder" has nothing to do with it.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In System Preferences, >Security & Privacy, >Full Disk Access, do you see Photoshop listed? If not, do add it and try again.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go there (thank you for the suggestion)  the apps and the + - signs are greyed out, they will not respond.  I should mention that I'm saving to an external hard drive.  I'm using PS 2022, it is updated as is the OS.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you unlock it (with admin password)? See the "Click the lock to make changes"? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you very much:

Quit Photoshop. >System preferences (under the Apple, the whole computer not PS) >Security and Privacy >Full disc access. Click the lock to unlock. Apply check mark to Adobe Photoshop

L.H.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, after unlocking.  Thank you, problem solved.  The exact and complete sequence is:  

Quit Photoshop. >System preferences (under the Apple, the whole computer not PS) >Security and Privacy >Full disc access. Click the lock to unlock. Apply check mark to Adobe Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the above also...Monterey 12.3.1

I am having the same problem "could not save because write access was not granted".

I have gone right through the helpful process on the board.

Quit Photoshop. >System preferences (under the Apple, the whole computer not PS) >Security and Privacy >Full disc access. Click the lock to unlock.  Open files and folders .Apply check mark to Adobe Photoshop apps.

I still can't move my jpg file from the desktop into my backup stick. It denies access. The back up stick is a Samsung 500gb...would that be a problem?

Thanks Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> I still can't move my jpg file from the desktop into my backup stick. It denies access. 

That is nothing to do with Photoshop? If you copy the file on your desktop and paste in your drive what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines