Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

I can not add any text to anything I am trying to create and I have never had this issue?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone having issues since the latest update with adding and/or editing text to current projects?: I am and can not figure it out and I have been using photoshop for years and I have never had an issue like this. I can not create anything and I need to badly, any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try to reset your preferences or revert back to last version which is working fine for you or I have suggestion when you find update for new version get full version of that instead of only file , only updates cause trouble sometime...regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the latest Photoshop version?  There was an issue like this with Mac systems a few years ago according to this old thread

Solved: Type layer not editable and type tool not working.... - Adobe Support Community - 10345428

I can't think of any Image Modes, bit depths etc. that would not allow Type Layers.

There are option in Preferences > Type that might just possibly be causing your problem.  Resetting Preferences would fix that, but it would bee interesting to track down what is happening specifically.

Do you use and English keyboard with Latin and East Asian layout?  (check Preferences > Type — it's the default setting)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are the image’s Color Mode and bit depth? 

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines