• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't draw with my [Mixoo stylus in PS 2018]

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop on my personal computer and I wanted to draw with the mixer brush. I can use my stylus to click on anything in Photoshop; I just can't draw on the page itself with my stylus. I can use my mouse to draw, though. I'm new to Photoshop so I don't really know what the problem is.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Abigail,

What tablet are you using?

Possibly I can help you.

If it is a Wacom tablet, the Wacom tablet software needs to be installed, to activate many off the tablet functions.

Best wishes,

Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find out how to use your pen? I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was never able to make it work. I'm not sure if there is a solution 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a way, cause i had it working until i set up my graphics tablet. figered out that i like the stylus on screen better than i like the tablet, and whats even weirder, is the stylus, im using a renaisser r520c on a surface pro 8, and it works fine in fresco, cause thats what i drew what im trying to edit in photoshop, ill keep reading, but if you find anything else out, let me know please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop?

Which operating system?

What kind of tablet or surface do you have?

Top 10 Best Tablets For Photoshop and Photo-Editing [January 2018]

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using a Dell Inspiron Laptop and a Mixoo high sensitivity stylus with Photoshop 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Abigail,

I am more familiar with Mac systems, a Wacom tablet and pen or a Cintiq, and using an iPad, but would be happy to try to help you.

Does your Dell Inspiron laptop have a touch display? I looked up your computer and see that this is an option, but some do not.

Was there software included with the Mixoo high sensitivity stylus? If so, that would need to be installed.

There may also be an option in your system prefs to enable use of a pen on the screen (if you have a touch screen), and pressure sensitivity for drawing and painting.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Best wishes,

Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop does have a touch display and my stylus didn't come with software. I checked my preferences and I didn't find any options relating to pressure sensitivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Abigail,

Good to know that you have a touch display.

Hmmm.

I read above:

"I can use my stylus to click on anything in Photoshop; I just can't draw on the page itself with my stylus. I can use my mouse to draw, though. I'm new to Photoshop so I don't really know what the problem is."

It's puzzling, as you say that you can use the stylus to click on anything, but you cannot draw on a page.

Did you try drawing on your touch screen with a finger?

If you cannot draw with your finger, then possibly a preference needs to be enabled for your touch screen.

In my experience, with tablets like iPads, a Samsung tablet with stylus and a 2-in-1 PC w stylus, the touch screen has prefs for drawing, that can be turned on and off and / or be modified.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Kind regards,

Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can garentuee you its not the touch display setting itself, cause if it was, the pen wouldnt work else where, like in my case with it working in fresco, but not photoshop. im currently digging through the settings to see if i can figure out where its messed up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue! Have you been able to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, again, Abigail,

Here is some information that I found.

Troubleshooting Touch Screen issues

https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln294951/troubleshooting-touchscreen-issues-in-micros...

https://www.dell.com/community/General/Touch-Screen-on-Inspiron-13-5378-not-working/m-p/5072396

How to Enable or Disable your Computer’s Touch Screen

https://www.howtogeek.com/258522/how-to-enable-or-disable-your-computers-touch-screen-in-windows-10/

Abigail, I also found an older situation from 2013 with info about Photoshop and touch screens.

Check the posts with the information from JJMack MVP.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1226342

Wow! I was thinking that Photoshop CC may now support touch screens for drawing, but now see that this may not YET be the case. Check out this answer on Adobe help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/support-touch-screens-photoshop-cs6.html

I hope the information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Cher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! I'm using a brand new XP Pen Artist Pro 13.3 with the latest driver. I can select every feature in Photoshop just fine using the pen, but when I go to draw on the page itself, it just... doesn't draw. Using my mouse lets me draw, but that defeats the purpose of the pen. Programs like Krita seem to work though, so I'm very confused. Have you found a solution? I'm having no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm also having a similar issue, did you find anything that works? I started a thread "Wacom pen stopped working on some of Kyle's watercolor brushes" but it's not actually the Wacom as I tried with my surface book pen too. Is this when you are using brushes to draw with? Some brushes work for me, but some are literally drawing nothing. I've tried so many things to fix it, but nothing has worked so far...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem as well. The thing that fixed it was updating Photoshop to the latest version

(it took about an hour but it worked!). Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know by now, you may probably have found a fix...But I too, was havining the same issue (my stylus is just a stand alone, use on any touch screen type of pen, but one heck of a good one lol) and I wanted to use it on my laptop primarily for PS usage and signing documents. I'm pretty "techy" but could not find a fix until today (plus, I've just been way too busy to even bother). If you watch this easy to follow, YouTube video, your problem, if still be, will be solved. Took me less than 2 minutes to get mine up and working. 🙂 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljGDswyNhJ0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This now has a Windows store version, and I still can't get the pen to work using this. Should I uninstall other drivers for it and use this as a replacement? I've followed all of the instructions here. I had also been able to use both my stylus' in Photoshop once but go through issues every time I try again, so it's been an odd journey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Photoshop on my personal computer and I wanted to draw with the mixer brush.

By @abigaild81790058

For testing purposes, can you draw with the Brush tool (not the Mixer Brush)? 

You said you just installed PS, but did not say if you are a beginner or if you just installed PS on a different computer, so please excuse these questions if they don't apply:

• What is your foreground color? (i.e., are you painting with white on a white background?)
  • What is your Blending mode?
  • Can you show a screenshot of the Mixer Brush options bar and your Layers panel?
  • Are you painting with Wet or Dry or something inbetween?
  • Are you trying to blend colors or put down new colors?
  • Are you a pro with the Mixer brush or is it new to you?
  • Does it work when you use a mouse instead of a stylus?

Details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/painting-mixer-brush.html

Jane

EDIT: after posting, I realized that this is a 5-year-old thead that got reactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is five years old. I wasn't talking about Photoshop being recently installed but the app referred to in the last post in January, by MikeJr.

Photoshop works when I use the mouse or my pen tablet but not my screen stylus.

It's specifically Photoshop. The stylus works in other apps and both the driver and Photoshop are completely up to date. The stylus used to work, then stopped.

I'm definitely trying the paintbrush tool with the the most basic round brush in black on a new white canvas.

Sorry if this seems like a waste of time. I'll try the mixer brush.

I'm not the only one having this issue. I've searched all over for days and finally posted here because it was the most recent post I could find about it.

Thanks for the time you put into your response either way though.

Maeroj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood that this is in regard to Abigaild's post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone having this problem with the XP pen now: I realized they have an option on the pen where you switch between pen/eraser, but you don't see that you have the eraser in PS! Hope this helps someone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines