• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't make a luminosity mask with midtones in channels

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in channels. I made two luminosity masks with highlights and shadows. Following multiple tutorials, with the same algorithm of actions, I command+A then option+command+click on the layer with highlights then option+command+click on the layer with shadows. Instead of getting a selection for midtones I get the message: Warning: no pixels are more than 50 selected. the selection edges will not be visible.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This warning means that a midtones selection has been created, but Photoshop can't show its edge due to low pixel transparency (that is, it's there, you just can't see it). To make sure the selection exists, you can switch to quick mask mode. Keep going and you will see that everything works.

To avoid this warning, the image you are working with must have more contrast in the midtones. If you try to perform the same sequence of actions on different images, you will see that such a warning will not always appear.

2022-04-09_12-26-53.png

2022-04-09_12-27-39.png

ā€ƒā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, It really helped me! Do you know why shift+option+command+click doesn't work to intersect masks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried on Windows and OSX and can't reproduce this issue. Perhaps everything works for you, but you do not get the result you expect. Test on simple shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines