• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open videos

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of photoshop running with the new mac operating system and when I open the videos it throws me a box that says that they cannot be opened

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Now if you can open them! I uninstalled it without saving the preferences and reinstalled from 0 and it worked. thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea what file format the video is in? Can they play in other video players?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try .mp4 and .mov formats and nothing. Since I installed the Catalina operating system and now the Big Sur I have had many problems, in fact I have never been able to open videos in photoshop again ... When I had mohave I had no problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open and play the videos in other apps? (Like Premiere, if you have that, or even what the Mac uses for just playing videos back.)

If you can play videos outside Photoshop, try uninstalling/reinstalling Photoshop next. (Don't keep preferences; you want to reinstall clean. You'll have to reset everything but it doesn't hurt to be sure.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now if you can open them! I uninstalled it without saving the preferences and reinstalled from 0 and it worked. thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video layers are not currently supported on M1: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html Support is coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have mac book pro 2018 so check it doesn't have m1 chip ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines