Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

I can't save or create anything in photoshop - No Error code, just nothing happens

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot create new documents. When I go "File, New" nothing happens. I don't get any error messages, just nothing happens.

And similarly, when I try to save an existing document, nothing happens then either. I cannot "Save", "Save as" or "Save Copy".

As I said, it's not that I'm getting any error messages, It's just that none of those functions seem to do anything. I click the button, nothing happens. Keyboard shortcuts do nothing either.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop severeal times, and reset my preferences and this hasn't fixed it.

I've got deadlines to meet, and no way to use Photoshop!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without even the most basic system info nobody can even guess why this may be happening. Sorry, but you have to give us at least that instead of just saying that nothing works.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling it and installing previous version? I know it's not ideal but if it's a buggy version than at least you'll have a working 2020 version.

Marek Mularczyk
Adobe Certified Expert and Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you are on a Mac, you tried resetting pref's and also uninstalling and reinstalling, next things to try are:

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still not working? 

Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still working? 

You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still working? 

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines