• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant depend on this software.. Photoshop is totally unreliable and it's beyond frustrating now.

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's bloated, heavy and totally unstable.

I am using the latest version and I am just about done with Adobe.

Every single time I want to use a particular tool I prey to the gods Photoshop won't freeze, crash or both. I don't have the latest and greatest system but it's above average and runs everything just fine..

What makes it worse is actually paying a sub for it and and not being able to rely on the software to get stuff done.

Is anyone else as frustrated or is it just happening to me? Should I just learn a new software?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Photoshop question? 

From Adobe (community forums):
"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user-to-user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

If you want Adobe to be viewing what you post, there are two ways based on what you are hoping to report:

If you wish to report what you believe is a bug, you so by following these guidelines:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idc-p/12932310#M...

If you wish to provide a feature request, you do so by following these guidelines (then make a request in the product forum):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Lastly, no one forces you to update the product immediately, you might consider turning OFF Auto Update in Adobe Creative Cloud.  Update after you know the product has been out awhile while understanding and accepting the fact that no software from any company is bug free.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Photoshop question? 

From Adobe (community forums):
"Currently, the community on community.adobe.com is used as a destination for customers to ask questions and engage in peer-to-peer conversations. IOW, this is a user-to-user support forum. The Adobe Support Community is a place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts, and share your knowledge. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and people at work, we carefully moderate its content".

If you have problems or need answers from other users who volunteer their time to help, do so in a discussion topic and message body, whereby you post specifics (what's the problem or issue, or the question) and provide some information about your operating system, version of the software you're asking about and steps to illustrate your problem.

Lastly, no one forces you to update the product immediately, you might consider turning OFF Auto Update in Adobe Creative Cloud.  Update after you know the product has been out awhile while understanding and accepting the fact that no software from any company is bug free.

By @TheDigitalDog

The question is why they keep releasing unstable, buggy software before it is thoroughly tested beforehand. Why does Adobe pretend we pay a subscription and test their product for them - and submit bug reports. Time we could be, you know, working?

I know no one *forces* me to update to a newer version, but when I am paying for a subscription and newer versions have new features and are advertised as "containing several improvements and bug fixes" then it's a no brainer that I should update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Minus Front wrote:

The question is why they keep releasing unstable, buggy software before it is thoroughly tested beforehand.

It is tested. By many of the folks here. NO one here or for any software guarantees bug-free software, nor does any such product exist.

The question you might ask yourself is, why do you update the software before checking the waters, once you accept, no matter how much testing, bugs get released? 

Do you need information on how to roll back to older versions that (presumably) you were happy running? If so, ask. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Minus Front wrote:

I am using the latest version and I am just about done with Adobe.

I don't have the latest and greatest system but it's above average and runs everything just fine..

Hi Juan,

You didn't say which version of PS you are using (Help menu > About), but 23.4.1 was released an hour before you posted. Please give us the number, not "latest".

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-23-4-1-is-now-available/td-...

You didn't tell us your Windows OS either, only that it is not the latest.

If you have old hardware and an old OS, then running the latest version of Photoshop is not likely to work well. When things stop working, you have two choices:

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Jane.

My system meets and surpasses the recommended system requirements.

It's not my PC. It's the software that is a buggy mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Minus Front 

Everything is running smoothly for me. Most folks don't come to the forums when everything works — they're only here when they have a question or problem. Sometimes the issue is an outdated graphics card, for instance. I'm on a Mac so Apple takes care of those updates for me, but I read that Windows users recommend a clean install with the Studio driver. (I think I have that right.) Or there are two graphics cards. I'm not saying to make any changes just yet.

If you go to Help > About System Info, you can copy your system info and paste it into a Reply window. A Windows user may be able to spot the issue. 

Also, follow the link in the reply from @c.pfaffenbichler . If we can see something in your system that solves your issues, wouldn't that be the best solution?

[EDIT: Fixed typo in second paragraph]

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'It's not my PC. It's the software that is a buggy mess.'

Not here it's not.

As long as you can open Photoshop, go to Help - System Info and click on 'Copy'.  Then paste the info here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm wrote:

'It's not my PC. It's the software that is a buggy mess.'

Not here it's not.

As long as you can open Photoshop, go to Help - System Info and click on 'Copy'.  Then paste the info here.

Dave

It appears that the point of all this isn't a solution but a rant. But let's give the OP one more chance to reach out for actual support or move on helping those that actually want help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop with the venting and irrelevant claims. 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”)

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

and post meaningful information if you want others to try to provide advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I understand your frustration.  Photoshop was getting increasingly slow and would freeze or crash.  I tried several things.  I uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled a previous version.  I upgraded to Microsoft Windows 11 Pro.  I installed a Photoshop plug-in to track the error.  Then...the thing that fixed it totally was to uninstall Photoshop using the remove my saved preferences option.  I reinstalled the latest version, Photoshop 23.4.1.  Holy cow.  It's back to being fast and responsive.  Most importantly, it works...at least so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've been continued using Photoshop as I detailed in a previous post.  After doing multiple corrections to a damaged photo, none of the tools work.  I can switch from tool to tool, but the cursor remains as an arrow irregardless of the tool selected and does nothing.  I can move the scrolling bar up and down, but the document (i.e., damaged picture) remains static.  I can save the picture with the changes made up to this point.  Then, I not only have to get out of the document, but then close and reopen Photoshop in order to continue working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines