• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant use my brushes with the pattern stamp tool

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have loads of brushes installed but when I want to paint with the pattern stamp tool the "stamp feature" just turn back to "brush". I activate the pattern stamp tool, go to the brushes setting right beside it in the toolbar. I select the brush I want in the drop-down menu and like a strike of lightning the bar turns into a "brush panel". Very frustrating. I want to paint with a splatter brush but there is just one standard brush working with the pattern stamp tool, a preset one. What to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

In the newest versions of Photoshop, Adobe has tied some brushes with specific tools. If a brush is tied to a specific tool, you will see that tool icon to the right of the brush, like this:

If you have brush presets which are tied to a specific tool, but want to apply them to a different tool, first select the tool you want to apply them to, in your case the Pattern Stamp tool. Then click on the preset while holding down the Cmd+Opt keys (Mac) or Ctrl+Alt keys (Win). Then start painting with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the newest versions of Photoshop, Adobe has tied some brushes with specific tools. If a brush is tied to a specific tool, you will see that tool icon to the right of the brush, like this:

If you have brush presets which are tied to a specific tool, but want to apply them to a different tool, first select the tool you want to apply them to, in your case the Pattern Stamp tool. Then click on the preset while holding down the Cmd+Opt keys (Mac) or Ctrl+Alt keys (Win). Then start painting with the Pattern Stamp.

This only works on the the 19.1 update or higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, if you are creating a brush from scratch, then uncheck the "Include Tool Settings" checkbox when creating them so that they can be used with any tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooo much! This was so helpful! Now I can draw with my beloved glitter patterns again! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to be of help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful.  I spent  lots of time looking for this,...

Thanks a lot !

Dominique

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super!!! Thx a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines