• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Starting in v 23.1.1 - keeps nagging me to save to Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been paying for / using Photoshop for many years (since way back to version 3 in 1996).

I don't use the Creative Cloud for saving files, and don't want to.

However, starting with version 23.1.1 whenever I create new file from an image I've copied to the PC's clipboard and then paste it into the blank PSD and Save, it now prompts me to save the file to the Creative Cloud.

The first time it popped-up (today) I made sure to put a check mark in the "Dont Show Again" box and chose "Save to your computer".

Yet it's still popping-up the "Save to Creative Cloud" prompt every time and still forcing me to make the extra step of choosing "On your computer" , every time. (Screenshot attached).

This is insanely annoying.

At first I thought hmmm... OK maybe just a glitch, so I shut down PhotoShop and restarted my PC. Problem still happens. I can't seem to find any way to change it in the settings.

Has anyone else encountering this bug? Know of a solution?

Many thanks for any input!

adobe_photoshop_v_23_1_1_bug.png

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

@whcressall – Could Adobe perhaps make local storage option a macro setting in our user profiles?

You can create your own action or script to set your preferences or other settings how you wish. In an action, you need to first set the preference to be opposite of how you wish, then when you record the action it will record the change from the unwanted setting to the wanted setting. Then you can use Script Events Manager to automatically run the action or script whenever Photoshop is run.

myprefs.png

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2021/10/photoshop-script-events-manager.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out. This experience is updated now in version 23.4 & above.

Go to Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location > Set to 'On your computer' and restart Photoshop.

SameerK_0-1655741653876.png

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi everyone -- thanks for your feedback.  We've updated the preference to more accurately reflect your expectations so that if you want to default to save locally, it will always only do that and no longer "upsell" with the dialog explaining the advantages of saving to the cloud.  

Please see the updated preference under Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location and you can choose "On your computer" for the local dialog to always appear when saving a new document.  This updated experien

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Hi @BriGuyOSC , try the following 2 steps:

1. As noted from Jeff above, uncheck the "Default save to Creative Cloud" under Preferences > File Handling
2. Next, open a local file

After that point, when you create a new document and then save, the local dialog should show up for you.  When you uncheck the preference, the behavior then goes back to the previous where the dialog that shows up is based on the storage location you last opened or saved.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2020, when opening a document it defaults to a Cloud Document window. I need all adobe software to privlege my own local file system over their own.

Is the toggle for this in preferences somewhere? I've looked repeatedly and cannot find anything that seems correct.

There is a similar behavior exhibited in Acrobat DC, except Acrobat DC general preferences include an option to disable this extra step to opening or saving a file.

Under Preferences > General It's called "Show Online Storage When Saving Files", and uses a boolean checkbox toggle.

I can think of several UX reasons why my home storage should supercede anyone's cloud service file system. The first, and most important, is that your UX changes continously prove disruptive to workflows. While I sense business concenrs are impacting solid user experience design, my recommendation would be to not... do that... more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As far as I remember when I installed 2020 first and went to open a new file I was presented with the Cloud document screen but there was an option to "do not show this again" or something to that effect, I just click that and haven't seen it again

Ah found the dialog

cloud.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember, on first opening 2020, that I got a dialog offering to always save to disk. Which I accepted, and I haven't been bothered by any cloud stuff since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop photoshop from saving my photos in the cloud? 

Also, when i choose "file>open" i get a dialog box that wants to open up files in the cloud, and i have to click another button that says "on your computer" in order to access files. How do i stop that?  I just want to be able to open files on my computer. I do NOT want to use the cloud.  

I am setting up a brand new computer now and have to get through this before i can start using the computer! Help!!

[topic edited by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this post to Photoshop for you. 

Which operating system?

Which version of Photoshop?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You first click the "on my computer" button for the standard open dialog. Then select a directory and open a file. When the file opens in Photoshop, you can close it and you should get the standard open dialog every time, unless you decide to click on the "Open Cloud Documents" button.

Now what are Cloud Documents for? You'll notice they are saved with the .psdc extention usually for working across different platforms and especially Photoshop for the iPad. "Cloud" in this case refers to Adobe's Servers. In fact whenever you hear the "Cloud" or "Cloud-based" buzzwords, it's short for "storing your stuff on someone else's computers." You'll know you are working with a Cloud document because it has a cloud icon in the document tab before the file name. You can only use psdc for the Cloud, not any other file format.

If you ever get Photoshop's iPad edition, that's where you will transfer work between your Desktop Photoshop and iPad Photoshop.

Only Photoshop CC 2020 has this Cloud feature so it's a safe guess that's the version you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when you save a document for the first time, you will see this dialog:

If you want your computer to be the default, checkmark "Don't Show Again" and click the "Save on your Computer" button, so you don't keep getting that screen.

cloud save.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but why when i save it automaticly save at cloud??? How to change this setting... when i "save as" the photoshop dont popup this screen.. please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

The program began to offer to save in the cloud by default. How can I return to the settings and save to the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for the "On your computer" button in the Cloud dialog box. Click on it.

Then when you save a file, the regular Save dialog will come up and stay there until you click the "Cloud Document" button.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 3.25.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no pop up or option to save "on my computer" what so ever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supply a screenshot of the Save dialog you are seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peterpan5E70_1-1604480194815.png

i have same problem 

no pop up or option to save "on my computer" what so ever

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't have that option, photoshop defaults to save on the cloud, therefore when I use keyboard shortcuts it's automatically saving to the cloud and not my laptop.  I'm often in the field and offline unless we can resolve this issue or use an older version such as photoshop 2019 which worked very well.  We have been using photoshop since version 2.5... we're looking for new alternatives, any thoughts? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save" will automatically save back to the location the file came from, whatever that is.

You need to "Save As", and at bottom left of the dialog you have the option to save locally or cloud. There's also a  "don't show again"-option if that's what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pls i have same problem too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what if this window does not show up, or better, it's contents? All I get is a spinning wheel icon… No way to open or save or save as a document as of this morning. I use PS a LOT, and this is VERRRY annoying! You hear me, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if nothing shows to choose from? How can I get around that window when – as in my case – nothing to chose from is showing? I am just stuck there trying to open, save/save as a document…

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to copy the folder "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe" from another pc to the one that had the problem. The problem started after using the command ctrl+shift+alt and opening the program (as I recall).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixing the text: "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It doesn't! There's a "Save to cloud documents" box but it's grayed out. There is no option to saveas locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wtf photoshop.jpg

Sheeshh!
I am someone who works on his personal computer and stores his files on his discs or personal computer.

I was speechless facing of a new feature that came with Photoshop 23.1. It recommends that I save every file I create from scratch to the cloud first, and I couldn't find anything in the settings or preferences to change it.

Whether I work online or offline, do I have to give every file I produce to Adobe? Adobe is 'kindly' forcing its users to a situation where themselves can have a copy of everything produced by the user.

Where do you guyz think this nonsense is going to and how deep?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to go into Preferences > General and press the button to reset all warning dialogs.

prefs.png

Then make sure you check the following box when you next save as to your computer:

cloud1.png

Then the next time you save as, the cloud location will be optional with the default being your local drive:

cloud2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate