Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

I dont know where the paint tin tool is

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been paying a subscription for two weeks and getting nowhere.  I'm a total beginner. I draw and want to use PS to digitize and clean up my drawings. I cannot follow tutorials I need to follow because I don't have a paint tin tool on my tool tab/section, column.  The menu on the left side of the panel.  Do I need to pay extra for it?  If so, where will I get it.  What is the name of the extra program I need to buy?  Where do I find it?  Many thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Hi

Go to Edit > Toolbar and click Restore defaults

The paintbucket shares the same slot as the Gradient tool (shortcut G).  So if you see that tool instead, click and hold then change it to the paintbucket.

davescm_0-1664101882118.png

Dave

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to Edit > Toolbar and click Restore defaults

The paintbucket shares the same slot as the Gradient tool (shortcut G).  So if you see that tool instead, click and hold then change it to the paintbucket.

davescm_0-1664101882118.png

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave.  Thank you so much.  I did it!  Unfortunately, I can't change the background back to white.  I'm doing what I did to change it to black, but in reverse.  for some reason the layer is remaining black but showing up on the 'forground/background' icon as being white.  Is this a software problem do you think?  I'm using a new PC  with Windows 11 OS.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Photoshop interface with all the pertinent panels opened to highlight the issue

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Try this

Select All (Ctrl+A)

Edit > Fill (Shift+F5)

White

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you'll find informations about configuring the tool bar in Photoshop:

Photoshop tool galleries (adobe.com)

Can't find the Object Selection Tool or the Frame Tool in the toolbar (adobe.com)

and here infos to the pen tool:

Draw with Pen tools in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines