• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a MacBook M2 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive. Background Removal is terrible

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This si a brand new MacBook. I installed the latest version of Ps and I have found the background removal tool to be horrible. It makes erroneous selections in the masking. 

I turned on the "Rosetta" option but it is no better.

Please help!

DSC03294.jpgDSC03294TEST.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jim29541055bwuq 

Thanks for reaching out.

Which version of Photoshop are you using? Does this happen with all the images?

It seems that the subject is not correctly detectable. Would you please try and check what results you get when using the feature with a distinct object with a contrasting background?

We're here to help, just need some info.

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is that particular image, then try changing to Object Aware — I think the default is Color Aware

image.png

Still not perfect, but that is not an easy selection.

image.png

You can improve it by increasing Smoothing and contrast to fix the jagged edgea, and Decontaminate Colours to remove the green tinge.  It really depends how you intend using the selected image, and what you would be laying it against. 

image.png

If your issue is with all images, then show us some more examples and maybe some more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, looking at your post again it is specifically the Background Removal tool.  I would say that is not the best subject to use such a broad based tool, but my system still did a better job than yours.  

image.png

If you click on View More you get the option to Refine with Select & Mask

If you click on that and paint of the problem areas with the Refine Edge tool it cleans it up heaps. 
But better still to select something like the Quick Select or Object tools and click on Select Subject.

Use the drop down and set it to Cloud (detailed results) and I suspect you'll get much better results.

Clean it up with Select and Mask and you'll be golden.

image.png

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines