• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a problem about Layer Mask & Resize group

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am normally using photoshop for painting. I have learned this painting way from my mentor by using Layer mask which is easy to adjust the color. Likes the picture below.

Screen Shot 2561-10-22 at 2.39.13 PM.png

But I have a problem with resizing the group which is it will resize as the canvas size because of Layer mask. Likes the picture below.

Screen Shot 2561-10-22 at 2.39.29 PM.png

It is totally hard when I paint small objects and want to resize on a big canvas. So Is there have anyway that I can resize the group as the same size of the object that I paint. Likes the picture below. 

Screen Shot 2561-10-22 at 2.39.46 PM.png

Thank you for all answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not with a group. You could however use a smart object rather than a group which would work in the way you describe. Just select your three layers and right click. Then choose Convert to Smart Object.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the answer. But after I tried and the resize it still is the same result as group. Screen Shot 2561-10-22 at 4.10.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Make sure you have not included your white background in the smart object.

Before SO

After SO

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I didn't include the white background. At first, I thought work like you did but it's not. I am still thinking that I mass up with some setting about Layer mask or not. Since I have watched some tutorial and when he used Layer mask and resize. His Layer mask didn't have a white area like mine.

Screen Shot 2561-10-22 at 4.32.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cant do it.You have two layers same size as canvas size and this is the reason.

You coud cut your circle instead using mask

Merge Layers or use Smart object and draw circle to cut it from layer

Use CTRL+J command to move selected circle into a new layer

Disable oiginal layer and thats it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @awika_erika,

Did you ever figure this out? I'm in one of the 2021 Photoshop versions, and this same problem just started happening to me this afternoon. I'm not sure why it started now or if I clicked something by accident. Just curious if you ever solved this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops, never mind. My problem is a little different, and it was a silly mistake I made. In my case, one of the layers and the layer mask came unlinked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines