Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have issues with color in photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From yesterday, I try to use a special color for a 2 meter / 4 meter banner
I enter the hash correctly #8d15ac and press enter but it was not the good color, when i return in the menu the hash become "843795" and don't want to change after many try... 

Someone as an answer ? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Which colour mode is the code set for CMYK, RGB....?

Also can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normaly it's for RVB last time I used it, but even if I copy the CMYK % the color style automaticaly change to the second screen 30217d387c4a49b8e3b1bd9dbe15c0b7.png9717d6384b9368ddf769b0eae9a6dc8f.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's be clear: is this a CMYK document?

If it is, you're just hitting the gamut limit in whatever CMYK profile you're using.

CMYK represents an actual real world print process - an offset press calibrated to a certain standard, using certain inks on certain paper stock. There is a limit to what inks can reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it is 
It's the first time it make me that kind of thing tho ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hex color values are nothing special. They merely represent RGB values in the base 16 rather than in decimal. So #8d15ac just means Red 141, Blue 21, Green 172.

The issue is that those number values represent different colours according to the color space in which they are specified. So #8d15ac represents different colours in sRGB, ARGB and ProPhoto. It is important to understand which colour space the numbers are using as a reference. Unfortunately, very few sites that specify such Hex values go on to specify the reference colour space. You could try using them in the sRGB space but there is no guarantee that it will be correct.

Then there is a second issue. If you enter a number and see it change then it will be because your document does not support that value in the working space you are using (common when working in a CMYK working space).

So to avoid this:

a. If working in RGB, set your working space to the colour space that the values you are working with are specified.

b. If working in CMYK, then do two things. First work in the specified CMYK you have been asked to work in for print purposes. There is no generic CMYK. Then, use the specific CMYK values (not RGB Hex numbers) for that colour space and enter those.

Hex numbers were a handy shortcut back in the days when sRGB was a common workspace for the web. These days , they are more likely to cause confusion.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Juan284395605gq2 

#8d15ac colour is still colourspace dependent. Its NOT an unequivocal colour definition. If it was lab colour numbers it would be unequivocal.

If you use it in, say Adobe RGB the result will be different to when using it in sRGB. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bonjour!

Quelles sont les demandes du prestataire d'impression?

Ils impriment en jet d'encre sur une bannière, cela m'étonnerait qu'ils demandent du CMJN (et encore, ils devraient spécifier le profil) car les imprimantes jet d'encre, si elles utilisent bien des encres CMJN+ (souvent plus de couleurs) travaillent nativement en RGB, donc vous risquez une double conversion.

Quand bien même ils demanderaient un CMJN particulier, le meilleur flux de production est de travailler en RGB, mais en prévisualisant le résultat en CMJN (via le bon profil sélectionné dans View>Proof Setup (Affichage>Format d'épreuve) de la sorte, pas de saut de couleurs, ni de filtres indisponibles.

Il est possible aussi de travailler avec une deuxième fenêtre pour la même image, pour comparer RGB et le format d'épreuve Fenêtre>Nouvelle Fenêtre pour [nom de document] et ensuite Fenêtre>Arranger>2 verticalement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines