• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i keep getting kicked out of layer name edit mode

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frequently when i try and edit a layers name but double clicking it, it will exit it me from edit mode without me even tapping the enter key 😞 

This is super frustrating for many reasons as im sure you could appreicate.

It happened on my and windows and with different keyboards so i can only assume its some kind of software issue. One of my colleagues also experiences this

Is this down as a known issue?

many thanks

Nick

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that should have read 'mac and windows' 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any 3rd party panels installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What do you mean by panels sorry?  I have some scripts in the scripts folder, but other than that, no external addons to Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They would show up under the Plugins menu or under Windows > Extensions (legacy).

The other thing that could cause this is a system extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - no i dont have any plugins or extensions within photoshop.   As for system extensions, i guess that might be a bit of a minefield.  Our IT department puts all manner of things on our machines so im not sure how id debug that one.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try booting in safemode to disable system utilities: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#safemode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be absolutely honest, im not sure ill be able to do this kind of invesitation.  Its not a bug that happens in a reliable fashion so that i could easily so if anything changed, i also wouldnt be able to work long periods in safe mode to be able to see if anything changed 😞 

I was wondering if anybody else had experienced this and to put it on record really.  As things are, I guess ill just have to live with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can repro. I haven't been able to in the amount of times that I've tried today. I've heard one other report where a customer says that focus is lost in the Curves panel when hitting the up arrown in edit fields. Similar but not exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooo - thanks looks like it could be handy - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is still happening and its so infuriating. Im not the only one in the studio it happens to either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines