• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I made a text logo in photoshop but it is showing vague on wordpress website! it is not clean?

Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I tried everything to get text logo(this logo on my website is only for test purpose) into my wordpress website

but it is showing vague .  I tried to use ping 8 in place of 24

I made the points smaller I tried resolution 200 and 300 but the problem is the same.

is that not possible to create text logo in photoshop for wordpress websites?

this is screen shot to let you see what I mean!Schermopname (12).png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting the logo from Photoshop as a SVG. It will be resolution independent.

If you have a recent copy of Photoshop you'll need to tick legacy in preferences to have that file format available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks,

I see I have first to convert to svg file and after save it as EPS file. and wordpress doesn't support ESP file system

am I right or you correct me! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, you want the text as vector, not raster (pixels). Pixels don't scale without blurring. That has nothing to do with Photoshop, but the fundamental nature of pixel images.

SVG is a vector format, supported by all current web browsers. There's no need for the rather outdated EPS.

To output text as vector, you should ideally do it from Illustrator. But as luck will have it, Photoshop can output vector text to SVG. But it can only be done from the "legacy" version of Export, which you get to by checking the box in PS Preferences > Export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks,

I have now png file as you see in screenshot:Schermopname (15).png

now when I click on save as you can see in screenshot :Schermopname (16).png

there is no option for svg.  do I have first to convert the logo  to svg file format then save it as:

if I have to convert it first  to svg ! which steps I have to take it?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Retype it, and keep it as live editable text, don't merge, flatten, or otherwise rasterize it. Then Export as SVG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you told me

first:Schermopname (17).png

but there is no svg option as you see:Schermopname (18).png

I have also converted to pixels but it didn't help. I have photoshop 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• First make sure you have your text as live, editable text, not pixels. Save that file as a PSD, jpeg won't do.
  • Next go into Photoshop Preferences > Export and check "use legacy Export As". Close and reopen Photoshop.
  • Then Open Export > Export As - not Save For Web! - and set SVG from the format rolldown. Export your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks,

when I choose the option exporteren as I see the option svg.

last question when I want to create logo text .

1-which width and height I have to use for header logo to create a file or it does'nt matter  ?

2-which resolution I have to use 72 or 200-300 or it doesn't matter because I am going to convert it to SVG?

thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in my (first) post SVGs are resolution independent - they don't have pixels they are vectors - geddit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thanks ,

you have right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines