• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I must be blind - Brush From Image (not really)

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

25 years ago with my commodore 64 this was dumb-dumb simple.

I gotta be missing something.  What I want to do is just select an area of an image then use that image to "draw" with.  Not just a brush outline.  Use the actual selection as a "thing i can paint the exact same thing I just selected."  The term "brush" isn't right since that is just the "outline" for lack of a better term. 

Well the help files say select the area.  
Check
Then go file > brush pattern  or presets or WHATEVER. 

None of it does what I want. 

I want the actual >selected image with the colors I picked<  to be the "image color and brush"
I know it must be a thing I can do.  I just cant seem to find a help file that doesn't lead me down a path that does not do the above. 

Like lets say its a picture of a daisy.  I want that to be what I "paint" with.  

How do I do that?  Everything I read just gives me a "brush" that is just an outline not the whole outline + full image inside the outline. 

Thanks in advance.  Sorry if the wording is a bit awkward. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The brush tool only paints with the chosen colour.

The clone tool paints with an image, you can also use any shaped brush, including custom brushes, with the clone tool.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines