• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need advice on what laptop i should get?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm looking for a good laptop that can use adobe animate, Dreamweaver, photoshop and illustrate. What laptop would you suggest that would work with these apps? I'm a college student on a budget around $500-$650 maybe I might be able to do a little more. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop would be the most resource hungry of all those apps, look for something with the following

Intel i5 CPU or AMD equivalent

16GB of RAM

500GB SSD or more if you can afford it

A dedicated GPU with a minimum of 4GB of VRAM

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

You may need to up your budget though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderator please change the labels of moved thread to Windows & MacOs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Good news is that you should be able to find a deal in your price range or close now with Black Friday coming up.

I agree to go with Adobe's recommended list if you can swing it cash wise. For a little more now you will get that back in your time and stress with not dealing with performance issues and waiting for functions to process. You will feel better everyday about your purchase when you can work smoothly. My personal preference is to save up and get what you need to work adequately.

If you can’t stretch your budget, or you need a new computer now, you can save money by not getting a larger hard drive and supplementing it with an external drive later to expand storage. If you are more tech savvy, you can usually upgrade the internal harddrive yourself later as well and save money upfront.

You could get 8gb of memory vs 16gb and rely on your harddrive for scratch disk to help as well. This will require you to manage the space on your harddrive to make sure you have adequate space for adobe to use it as scratch disk. But it’s more frequently not an option to add more memory later and not ideal long term as you will fill up sotrage and programs always require more memory in the future.

Additionally, there is always the option to buy a refurbished laptop from a reputable and authorized seller. You will need to make sure to read the fine print on condition and warranty as these are usually different than a new computer, but the prices can be much lower to fit a budget. Or you can buy a used computer if you are knowledgeable in identifying wear and tear and condition on your own.

Not sure if you have any other requirements for your machine. Ports needed, sd card slot, etc.:

Hope that helps give options! Happy to try to answer other more specific questions! New computer day is the best! Good luck on your search!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines