• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need halftone help!

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, so I just recently got photoshop and I've been trying to work on this graphic by making it a halftone. But whenever I watch and follow along on a youtube video it never ends up looking the right way.

The picture with the hand is the picture that I am currently trying to halftone.

The picture with the shirtless dude is how I want the hand to look like when its halftoned.

Please give me any advice/tips thanks. bggb.jpgIMG_8949.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diego,

Where do you feel you are getting stuck on creating this halftone effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've seen countless videos, and all of them have different methods whether it's using the halftone feature under the filter gallery or the bitmap menu.

I just want to know what option would be the best to make it look like the image I'm trying to get to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep adjusting your settings until it looks the way you want.

but you could also try telling us what you've tried so far...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news is that there is no "Best". Using a program like photoshop, you will have many different ways to approach specific effect you want. Having a single "best" is actually very limiting in the creative process. 

But, you are going to have to learn how to use these tools and play around with them to understand how they work and if they can fit your needs. I would be suprised that one of the tutorials that come up here would not get you to where you want.

halftone in photoshop - YouTube

As @Earth Oliver mentioned, if you are getting stuck at a specific point, we can help guide you to the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so at first I turned the picture into a grayscale then I went into the bitmap settings and turned it into a bitmap.

It didn't turn out well but after playing around for a few hours, I came up with a solution of sorts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines