• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help merging groups and layers with different blending modes while preserving the effects PS

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I am working on a project that requires me to merge different layers and groups with different blending modes into one PNG while preserving the effects of the blending modes without the background. When I merge them, the blending modes "desappear" I am not sure if I am doing incorrectly or if it's not possible.

If it helps, I need to merge them togheter and use them in Premiere pro. If there is anyone tha can help I will gladly appreciate it!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

First, make sure your file is saved. Then turn off the visibility of the background layer or any layer you don't want in the image, then, in your Layer's Panel, under the flyout menu at the top of the Panel, choose Merge Visible. This will merge all visible layers into one and leave any layer that is hidden alone. Then you can save out the png file. Make sure you do not save this new file over your image with all the layers intact. 

Let us know if you have any questions, or if you need any additional help.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines