• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help with Scripting - HELP! SOS!

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe's "Scripting Guide" (found on their website) it says "If you are new to scripting, you should acquaint yourself with the basic scripting information provided in the Introduction to Scripting manual" - but in this manual they rely on something called the "ExtendScript Toolkit" which is nowhere to be found!? (I think Adobe should look after their site and documentation, and update things a bit better)

In the meant time - Does anyone here know where I can learn about scripting for PS.
I have a number of folders that are numerically organized i.e. 0001, 0002....

What I need the script to do is this:

- From within PS, I need to open the first folder (0001) - then replace an image held as a smartobject in PS with a image-file found in the folder. Replacing the smart object will then automatically will update 5 other layers containing the same image as 5 different versions of the image.

- I then need to save the 5 different new versions of the images within the folder i.e. put 1.jpg 2.jpg ...5.jpg into folder 0001

- The next thing the code to do is to move on to the next folder (0002) - and then repeat the same task again - and so on, until all folders has been opened and 5 new files been saved to each folder.

Can anyone help me? I would be eternally grateful.

Ian

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On the same day MSSDedalus posted the ESTK question: How to download Extendscript toolkit for 2020

After you install it you find in 'Help' menu 'Javascript Tools Guide CC.psd' that helps you with your request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines