• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I rearrange and regroup my AP Styles for quicker access, save it as one huge group, where saved?

Engaged ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AP 23.3.2/19,1 iMac/Monterey 12.4:

I spend time arranging my Preset Styles menu for easier access. I made a new group of this rearranged Styles Preset menu. I named it 060122 Styles. Quit Adobe Photoshop. Opened Find File App to search my main drive where Photoshop installs this new menu arrangement. Find File found no such named file.

Does Photoshop SAVE this new Group of collected and arranged Styles. I need to do the same for SHAPES, but there isn't any use if Photoshop can not save the new arranged menu window. Does anyone know where Photoshop is saving new groups of Styles. It is not in the Styles Preset folders. I could not locate the new file at all.

Further: this new arranged menu will not show when Photoshop Updates. Why?

Trying to Live Simply
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

You need to save your styles by selecting the ones you want to save with a new name and then from the Styles panel flyout menu click Export Selected Styles.

The default location and most likely place where photoshop will want to save the styles to unless you manually change the destination is

/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Presets/Styles

From the same Flyout menu if click Import Styles that same folder should open one selects a different folder.

Screenshot-(943).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to save your styles by selecting the ones you want to save with a new name and then from the Styles panel flyout menu click Export Selected Styles.

The default location and most likely place where photoshop will want to save the styles to unless you manually change the destination is

/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Presets/Styles

From the same Flyout menu if click Import Styles that same folder should open one selects a different folder.

Screenshot-(943).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are exactly right, Jeff. Thank you so very much. I failed to export the new styles and shapes last year. Looked in the Preset folder Styles and the exported group were there, this time. Thanks again.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines