• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I saved a Photoshop file that shows as being 3.3 gb and it wont open. Help!

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how a photoshop file could end up being over 3 gb and then wont open? I keep getting an error message that says its not compatible with this version of photoshop. I downloaed GIMP just to see if that program would open it and nothing. I'd appreciate any advice. Perhaps there's a way to reformat the file as a .psb, but i don't know how.

wont open.JPG

 

Sickskin_0-1667329640644.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of all programs, I managed to open it in Rebelle 5 pro and save it as another format. But isn't that odd that it could do that? Makes me wonder if i need to stop using .psd files and only use.psbs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The really odd thing is how it was possible to save as PSD in the first place. You should have been stopped in the attempt (happens to me all the time). If there's a bug here, that's where it is.

Yes, for future proofing, it might be a good idea to just abandon PSD altogether and start using PSB. But old habits...

Could it be that you originally saved as PSB but then in a moment of distraction changed the extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I definitely saved it as a .psd, no error on my part. The only thing i changed recently was that i started using Rebelle 5. I suspect that something within that program is creating the error, even though i was able to open the.psd that was exported from Rebelle before i saved the bad file later. Thanks for your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines