Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to create a table like this.

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question

I want to create a table of this format.
Not sure if i need to switch to Adobe Illustrator at all?
But let's use Adobe Photoshop first.

Information
  1. Version of the app : CS6
  2. Platform and OS version : Windows 10

If you can't use Adobe Photoshop , Please tell me us.
And please tell me how to create a table like this in Adobe Illustrator.

Thanks for considering my request. 😊

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Illustrator would be more suited to the task, as it is a vector design program.

In Ai, You would basically create rounded rectangles, and create lines to separate the table.

Not sure you can round off the sides of the Rectangular Grid Tool in such an ancient version, but I can on AI 26.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @PECourtejoie mentioned, CS6 doesn't have the live shape feature that lets you easily make rectangles with only some corners rounded. However it is possible to create this. There is a rounded rectangle tool that you can use. What I would do is create one large rounded rectangle with a black stroke and a fill, the color of the background. Then duplicate it and change the fill to none. Then I would create rectangles for the colored compartments, with the correct fill color, between the two main rounded rectangles. I would make the compartments on the edges stick out just a bit past the main rounded rectangle. Then I would clip the colored compartments to the bottom main rouned rectangle. This will give you the rounded corners. Using the line tool, I would add the white lines. Hold the shift key down to keep the angle at 90 degree increments. To type the text. I would start the text outside of the main rectangle, otherwise Photoshop will try and change the normal text into a path text. Once you start typing the text, you can move it into position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your table could be created in Photoshop. But it will not be easy.

Your table could be created more easily in Illustrator. However, the text design and alignment is not easy to do.

My favourite:
I would create the table in InDesign (if available). Here, you can relatively easily re-label your project as a real table. There are very good text formatting and alignment options. The individual cells can also be formatted differently. Only the rounded corners cannot be created in InDesign by default. But there are workarounds for this (e.g. cut the table and paste it into a graphic frame with rounded corners).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@pixxxelschubser wrote:

I would create the table in InDesign (if available).

I agree that InDesign is best for tables, because neither Photoshop nor Illustrator has tables. Either application would be a challenge to create and a nightmare to edit.

The only thing to add to what pixxxel said is that you can merge cells either vertically or horizontally to get the taller or wider cells.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines