• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to use only the background of first image( with car) in the second image with car!

Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I have 2 images of car with background . I want to use the background of 1 image (without car)  in other image with car.

I saw tutorial in adobe only one has  background texture with colors and the second has the  image .so they replacing the image in other background and it is working.

but when I try two images with car or person is not working.

I don't see any tutorial about replacing background of 2 iamges with car or something else?

does some one knows tutorial or explanation how I can use only background of first image whitout car in the second image with car.

thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

If I'm understanding what you are hoping to do, this is easiest done with a background that doesn't have things like cars or people in them already. 

You essentially need to clone the car completely out of the background and then add things to it.  Or start with a new background that is free of cars and people already.

I also agree @D Fosse that these new selection tools like subject select are pretty effective, but they still aren't quite as precise as making a selection by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what selections and masks are for. You have to make the mask, there is no "click-and-done" here. You have to put in some work.

To Photoshop, this is all just pixels. It has no way of knowing which pixels you want and which you do not want. It doesn't know what a "car" is.

Although Photoshop has added some pretty effective selection tools lately, such as "select subject", that doesn't mean it will always work 100%. It still has to pick some pixels from the neighboring pixels, and that's still guesswork based on automatic algorithms.

In short - learn how to make selections. Get to know the various selection tools, what they do and how they operate. Armed with that, you can go on to the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Maybe this tutorial can be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/replace-image-background.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding what you are hoping to do, this is easiest done with a background that doesn't have things like cars or people in them already. 

You essentially need to clone the car completely out of the background and then add things to it.  Or start with a new background that is free of cars and people already.

I also agree @D Fosse that these new selection tools like subject select are pretty effective, but they still aren't quite as precise as making a selection by hand.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks everyone,

I think I have first to learn first selection  tools I need it  and how to work with layer mask.

I made alreay search in youtube and I understand that I have to know how to use some tools I needed.

so I can remove the car from 1 image and paste other car to its background.

I looke for tutorial of marliton.

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines