I won't be forced to lose my pics in the cloud - how do I save from PS back to Lightroom Classic?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update last week, I suddenly can't save my pics from PS back to LR classic, on an external hard drive. I don't want to be forced to lose my pics in the cloud, nor have to pay anymore additional fees.

PS 23.4.2

LR Classic 11.4.1

Mac Monteray 12.4

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear: you're not saving to Lightroom. You're saving to disk, and a background script adds it to the Lightroom catalog so that it's accessible from Lightroom. If this background script doesn't run, you won't see the image in Lightroom, but it will still be on disk and accessible from, say, Bridge, or a file browser.

So first check in Bridge or a file browser that the file is correctly saved, to the correct location that you specify in Photoshop's save as dialog.

For the script to run, both applications need to be open during the entire save process. If you still don't see it in Lightroom, check the sort order. Maybe it's there, only put at the end of the filmstrip.

If still not there, there may be a problem with the script. Reinstalling Photoshop, then Lightroom, should repair it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the following: Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

This applies to Photoshop too, so that could the the reason you can't save to disk.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines